- Mirhaydari, Anthony. “How venture capital is hurting the economy.” PitchBook. July 13, 2018.
- Burt, Jeffrey. “China’s Global Cloud and AI Ambitions Keep Extending.” The Next Platform. March 6, 2018
- Schwartz, Jesse. “TTOs eliminate barriers, expedite the licensing process for start-ups.” Technology Transfer Tactics. February 21, 2018.
- Yoder, Steven. Limits to Launch>Yoder, Steven. “Limits to Launch: Is the UC’s two-tiered tech-transfer system restraining innovation and economic growth?” Comstock Magazine. December 2017
- Rieti, John. “Toronto’s deal with Sidewalk Labs must put public first, councillor says.” CBC News | Toronto. October 21, 2017
- Dingman, Shane. “With Toronto, Alphabet looks to revolutionize city-building.” The Globe and Mail. October 17, 2017
- Gass, Nina. “What the Emergence of the Platform Economy Means for Business.” Due. September 8, 2017
- Lehto, Tero. “Koittavatko Suomen ruokakaupoille rankat ajat? Tutkijat ennustavat nettijättien tuloa” August 22, 2017
- Lehto, Tero. “Tutkijat: internetjätit mullistavat ruokakaupan – varoittavat voittojen karkaavan Suomesta” August 23, 2017
- “Tutkijat: Nettijätit mullistavat Suomen ruokakaupan – voitot valuvat ulkomaille” August 23, 2017
- Lehto, Tero. “Kotimaisille ruokakaupoille koittaa kohta kovat ajat: tutkijat ennustavat nettijättien tuloa” August 22, 2017.
- Mills, Evan. Wired. “Uber’s Massive Crap Pile Develops Its Own Gravity” March 03, 2017.
- Council, Jared. 2017 Indianapolis Business Journal. “Allure of IPO fades for fast-growing Hoosier firms” January 27, 2017.
- Campoy, Ana. “The origin of your TV set is a simple lesson in the dangers of ignoring globalization” Quartz. January 02, 2017.
- Carpe Diem. “CIAutomation en Cuba” October 31, 2016.
- Florida, Richard. “What the ‘Gig Economy’ Looks Like in Cities.” CityLab. October 13, 2016.
- Hilsenrath, J., & Davis, B. “America’s Dazzling Tech Boom Has a Downside: Not Enough Jobs”. The Wall Street Journal. October 12, 2016.
- Interview with Martin Kenney for Nikkei Ecology, Special Issue on the Sharing Economy October 2016
- Davies, Alex. “This Hyperloop Lawsuit Is Insane.” Wired. July 12, 2016.
- Non solo il leader tecnologico: strategie alternative di processo. (Italian)
- Check out the new paper in Issues in Science and Technology by John Zysman and me: The Rise of the Platform Economy
- Are you interested in how public universities contribute to economic development? Check out –Public Universities and Regional Development: Insights from the University of California (with David Mowery)
- China is becoming an innovator, but what are the challenges it faces? Check out — China’s Innovation Challenge: Overcoming the Middle-Income Trap (with Arie Lewin and Johann Peter Murmann)
- “The Rise of Platform” has been published in Financial Times.(Chinese)
- Lecher, Colin. “Inside Nevada’s $1.3 billion gamble on Tesla: The muddy math that’s turning the state into a manufacturing destination.” The Verge. February 8, 2016.
- Dateline UC Davis. “Martin Kenney receives Award for Outstanding Faculty Leadership in Presidential Initiatives”. November 23, 2015.
- Howard, Lisa. “Gig by Gig”. Sacramento Magazine. November 16, 2015.
- Walmsley, Julie. “L.A.’s Gig Economy Has Turned Your Phone Into Your Boss”. LA Weekly. November 3, 2015.
- Hulbert, Mark. “In Alibaba’s IPO, where did the skepticism go?”. Market Watch. September 19, 2014.
- Florida, Richard. “Reno Won Tesla’s Gigafactory. Was It Worth It?”. CityLab. September 8, 2014.
- Kauppalehti. “Silicon Valley’s Spy Problem”. July 2, 2014.
- Hulbert, Mark. “Hot IPO market may doom Alibaba”. Market Watch. May 9, 2014.
- “Forum examines economic growth and universities”. The Sacramento Bee. April 20, 2014.
- Hulbert, Mark. “Twitter shares four years from today — down 45%?”. Market Watch. April 12, 2014.
- Gee, Alastair. “To Fix California’s Problems, an Investor Suggests Breaking it up”. The New Yorker. March 29, 2014.
- Grady, Barbara. “Why Oakland’s a Tech Start-up Game Changer”. New America Media. March 13, 2014
- Seminario Permanente del Departamento de Estudios Sociales. “What has been the impact of returning immigrants on ICT Entrepreneurship in the home countries?”. February 26, 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal. “Female CEOs Missing in IPO Boom”. January 24, 2014.
- Hulbert, Mark. “Facebook still has huge hurdles to clear.” Market Watch: The Wall Street Journal. November 5, 2013.
- Xinhua News Agency. “中国科技创新让世界瞩目 (Science and Technology Innovation in China Draw the Attention of the World)”. October 30, 2013.
- Kasler, Dale. “Sacramento tech firm RagingWire accepts $350 million takeover.” The Sacramento Bee. October 29, 2013.
- The Wall Street Journal. “How Pricey Will Twitter Be?”. October 25, 2013.
- Krasny, Jill. “Silicon Valley’s Secessionists Need a Reality Check”. Ink. October 22, 2013.
- The Sacramento Bee. “Marrone Bio Innovations of Davis debuts as public company on Nasdaq”. August 3, 2013.
- Kim, Queena. “Tracking the relationship of the government and Silicon Valley”. Marketplace. August 1, 2013.
- Bloomberg News. “Silicon Valley’s Long History of Government Codependence”. June 11, 2013.
- The Wall Street Journal. “A Year After Its Debut, Facebook Still Looks Overpriced”. May 17, 2013.
- The Brooklyn Ink. “Is Brooklyn Becoming the Silicon Valley of Food?” December 14, 2012.
- Barron’s. “Till the Cows Come Home”. May 26, 2012.
- Rothwell, Jonathan. “The Metropolitan Nature of IPOs.” The New Republic. May 18, 2012.
- Kauppalehti. “Slower Growing Firms Offer Hope for Finland”. May 16, 2012.
- Sydell, Laura. “America’s Magnet For Innovation, And Investments.” National Public Radio. April 5, 2012.
- ESBRI Porträttet. “Kalifornienbaserade Martin Kenney ser både fördelar och nackdelar i Silicon Valley: Den som inte levererar är rökt”. December 21, 2011.
- New York Times. “Silicon Valley’s Head Start”. August 4, 2011.
- Die Presse, Vienna, Austria Report on Presentation on Innovation Strategy. May 19, 2006.
- Die Welt, Vienna, Austria, Interview regarding Innovation Strategy. May 19, 2006.
- National University of Mexico. Humanidades y Social Sciencias, Interview May 2006.
- Venture: Viden om kapital Copenhagen, Denmark, “American Outlook”. April 2006.
- Transcript of interview on Lou Dobbs October 14, 2005.
- Manufacturing and Technology News. “Political Appointees Re-Write Commerce Department Report On Offshore Outsourcing; Original Analysis Is Missing From Final Version”. October 12, 2005.
- Hagenbaugh, Barbara. “Moving work abroad tough for some firms.” USA Today. December 2, 2003.
- Said, Carolyn. “Web of Intrigue: Who Will Bite the Dust? Predicting next dot-com flameout an online sport San Francisco Chronicle”. San Francisco Chronicle. June 23, 2000.
- Kenney, M. 2016 “2015 NSF Conference”
- Kenney, M., D. Patton and J.R. Ritter. 2012. “Post-IPO Employment and Revenue Growth
- for U.S. IPOs, June 1996-2010.” Report for the Kauffman Foundation. Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- Committee on Assessing the Impacts of Changes in the Information Technology R & D Ecosystem: Retaining Leadership in an Increasingly Global Environment; National Research Council. 2009. “Assessing the Impacts of Changes in the Information Technology R&D Ecosystem: Retaining Leadership in an Increasingly Global Environment.” The National Academies Press.
- Kenney, M. 2007. “Testimony of Professor Martin Kenney to the Subcommittee on Technology and Innovation of the Committee on Science and Technology.” U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, DC.
- Lyons, K., M. Kenney and Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy. 2007. “Report to the World Bank on the Malaysian Venture Capital Industry.”
- Kenney, M. et al. 2006. “Chapter 3: The Country Perspective.” In W. Aspray, F. Mayadas, and M.Y. Vardi (Eds.) Globalization and Offshoring of Software: A Report of the ACM Job Migration Task Force (New York: ACM).
- Kenney, M. et al. 2006. “Chapter 4: Corporate Strategies for Software Globalization.” In W. Aspray, F. Mayadas, and M.Y. Vardi (Eds.) Globalization and Offshoring of Software: A Report of the ACM Job Migration Task Force (New York: ACM).
Kenney-Patton IPO Database Description
Map of the World’s National Venture Capital Associations
Patton-Kenney University Spin-off Diagrams
Martin’s Perspective on New High-Tech Books
Martin’s Silicon Valley and High Tech Bookshelf